The structure and characteristics of the ball Valve
Oct 27,2021 Posted by Bundor
The structure of the ball Valve is also relatively simple, consisting of a Valve body, a ball, a Valve seat, a Valve stem, a bracket and a driving device. The ball Valve is evolved from the plug Valve. It can be opened and closed only by rotating 90° operation and a small torque. The internal cavity of the ball Valve is straight, and the resistance of the medium flow is close to zero. The structure of the ball Valve is also relatively simple, consisting of a Valve body, a ball, a Valve seat, a Valve stem, a bracket and a driving device. The structure diagram of the ball Valve is as follows: According to the structure of the ball Valve, it can be divided into three types: floating ball Valve, fixed ball Valve and elastic ball Valve.
1. Floating ball ball Valve: The ball is floating. Under the action of the medium pressure, the ball can produce a certain displacement and press tightly on the sealing surface of the outlet end to ensure that the outlet end is sealed. This kind of structure ball Valve is widely used in medium and low pressure pipelines.
2. Fixed ball Valve: The ball is fixed and does not move after being pressed. Bearings are usually installed on the upper and lower shafts of the ball, and the operating torque is small, which is suitable for high-pressure and large-diameter Valves.
3. Elastic ball Valve: The ball is elastic. Both the ball and the Valve seat sealing ring are made of metal materials, and the sealing specific pressure is very large. The pressure of the medium itself cannot meet the sealing requirements, and external force must be applied. This Valve is suitable for high temperature and high pressure media.
What are the characteristics of the ball Valve?
1. Has the lowest flow resistance (actually 0);
2. It will not get stuck when working, and can be used in corrosive media and low boiling point liquids;
3. In a larger pressure and temperature range, it can achieve complete sealing;
4. It can realize fast opening and closing, and when the Valve is opened and closed quickly, the operation has no impact;
5. When fully open and fully closed, the sealing surface of the ball and Valve seat is isolated from the medium, which will not cause the erosion of the sealing surface;
We will introduce you so much about the structure and characteristics of ball Valves. If you want to learn more about ball Valves, you can continue to pay attention to the official website of BundorE Valve. If you need to purchase ball Valves, you can click on the website for online customer service inquiry.