In general, rust is a problem that we are most worried about with stainless steel hard seal butterfly valves. This is a general concern for the majority of users of metal products. In fact, stainless steel itself is not easy to rust. However, there are many kinds of stainless steel materials, which are generally five types such as ferritic stainless steel, martensitic stainless steel, austenitic stainless steel, austenitic-ferritic stainless steel and precipitated carbonized stainless steel. Austenitic stainless steel has good corrosion resistance after normal heat treatment and will not easily rust. If the stainless steel butterfly valve rusts during normal use, it is mostly because the carbides along the grain boundary in the material precipitate to form a chromium-depleted zone, which causes the stainless steel hard seal butterfly valve to rust.
Let's take a look at the specific maintenance methods that can effectively avoid the corrosion of stainless steel hard-seal butterfly valves and extend the service life:
1.In the process of using stainless steel hard sealing butterfly valve, we should always clean the valve body and maintain and lubricate the transmission. We need to troubleshoot frequently to detect faults and clear them in time.
2. Fill the packing evenly and tighten the cover to prevent the media from leaking from the packing. This phenomenon can lead to rust after a long time.
3. Pay attention to the connection mode and direction of the valve to prevent leakage and erosion caused by misalignment.
4. Stainless steel hard seal butterfly valves are only used for adjustment. It will not be used for full opening or full closing. The reason is that the structural characteristics of the butterfly valve are not suitable for truncation. If it is cut off, it will cause the sealing surface to accelerate wear.
5. Valves that have been left unused for a long time need to be regularly checked and cleaned in time. Both ends of the butterfly valve passage should be closed to prevent long-term air oxidation. Keep the product in a dry and ventilated place and do not stack it or store it in the open air.
6. Eliminate the dirt of the valve parts before installation and carefully check the pressure of the valve mark to check whether the diameter meets the requirements of use, thus eliminating the defects caused by the transportation process.
7. Use the configured handwheel or electric and pneumatic devices for the product to be switched. Do not use the external force tools to cause damage to the valve. We turn the handwheel butterfly valve clockwise to turn it off, and vice versa.
To extend the service life of stainless steel hard-seal butterfly valves, it is necessary to pay attention to the selection of products to the later maintenance. Choosing a brand you can trust is the first step. Maintenance is a continuation of quality. Of course, good manufacturers will have more guarantees after sale. If the user does not understand maintenance or has any problems, you can directly find the manufacturer and seek professional assistance. The Bundor Valve gives a solemn promise. Pay two back if one bad in two years. We are your reliable butterfly valve manufacturer.