Flanged telescopic butterfly valve is mainly used in petroleum, chemical, food, medicine, light textile, papermaking, electric power, water supply and drainage, and gas pipelines to adjust flow and intercept media, and to compensate for thermal expansion and contraction of pipelines.
Advantages and disadvantages of flanged telescopic butterfly valve：
Flanged telescopic butterfly valve, the structural length can be expanded and retracted within a certain range, which not only brings convenience to the disassembly and assembly of the valve, but also relieves the pipeline stress and protects the valve. compact. Usually, this kind of valve does not need special maintenance, and only needs to regularly observe whether there is leakage and pull-off in the telescopic part of the valve.
The initial cost of the flanged telescopic butterfly valve is lower than that of the flanged butterfly valve plus the expansion joint, but if the maintenance cost in the future is included, the maintenance cost of the flanged telescopic butterfly valve is relatively high. If the sealing part of the butterfly valve is damaged and the sealing ring cannot be replaced and the butterfly valve needs to be scrapped, the telescopic part will be scrapped together, and the loss will be large. For example, when the sealing part of the butterfly valve needs maintenance, only the compression and expansion part cannot realize the online maintenance of the valve without disassembly.
Precautions for installation of flanged telescopic butterfly valve：
- It is strictly forbidden to disassemble and disassemble the telescopic butterfly valve at the pipeline construction site; it is strictly forbidden to repeatedly lengthen and shorten the telescopic butterfly valve at the site.
- It is required that the pipes at both ends of the expansion valve must be concentric, and the two flange surfaces on the pipe must be parallel;
- The flange fixing bolts should be tightened symmetrically. Do not force the flange fixing bolts to be tightened unilaterally;
- The expansion pipe is installed behind the valve;
- The telescopic part of the expansion valve shall not be installed at the corner of the pipe or at the end of the pipe.
- The structural length of the telescopic flange butterfly valve is the minimum length when it leaves the factory. When installing, pull it to the installation length (ie the design length);
- When the length between the pipes exceeds the installation length of the telescopic butterfly valve, please adjust the interval between the pipes, and do not forcefully stretch the valve to avoid damage to the valve;