The butterfly valve is one of the most commonly used valves in the pipeline system. It is widely used, not only can be used as a truncated flow medium in the pipeline, but also can be used for flow regulation. When the fluid in the pipeline passes through the butterfly valve, the pressure loss is about 3 times that of the gate valve, and the pressure loss is large. Therefore, two factors should be considered when selecting a butterfly valve. One is the pressure loss of the pipeline system, and the other is the pressure of the pipeline medium and the working temperature of the elastic seat material when the butterfly valve is closed.
The butterfly valve has a short structural length, a small overall height, a short operating torque, a quick opening and closing, and good fluid control. The structural principle of the butterfly valve makes it ideal for making large diameter valves. When the butterfly valve is required to be used for flow control, in order to make it work more efficiently, it is necessary to correctly select the size and type of the butterfly valve.
What occasions are butterfly valves suitable for?
1. When the required valve is required to be throttled, adjusted and used in the pipeline, and the valve structure is required to be short in length and fast in opening and closing speed, we recommend using a butterfly valve.
2. When a pipe that requires double adjustment and shrinkage is required to have low noise and cavitation, a small amount of leakage to the atmosphere, and a certain corrosive flow medium, a butterfly valve may be selected.
3. When special requirements for sealing are required, low temperature contains impurities, and it is easy to cause wear, butterfly valves are recommended, and metal-sealed triple eccentric or double eccentric butterfly valves are used.
4. In the fields of petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, metallurgical, electric power, etc., it is recommended to use a metal hard-sealed triple eccentric butterfly valve. In many cases, it can be used instead of gate valves and globe valves.
5. The concentric butterfly valve is suitable for use in working conditions where the sealing performance is critical and must be zero leakage. The concentric butterfly valve is used in pipelines suitable for fresh water, sewage, seawater, salt water, steam, natural gas, oil and various acid-base media at an operating temperature of -10 °C.
6. Double eccentric butterfly valve is very suitable for use in urban heating, gas supply, water supply and gas pipelines, as a device for intercepting or regulating flow.
7. Eccentric soft sealing butterfly valves are widely used in gas pipelines and waterways of metallurgical, light industry, electric power and petrochemical systems. It is used as a two-way opening and closing and regulating of the ventilation and dust removal pipeline.